1. Text (Matthew 22:34-40) shows great value Lord put on love.
- A. Why the greatest?
- 1) Can go no higher in attitude toward God—full consecration! Cf. Mk. 12:30.
- 2) Can do no more for fellow-man than to love as self- Cf. Matt. 7:12.
- B. Love certainly not less important under gospel dispensation:
- 1) Coming & death of Christ the highest manifestation of God’s love to man- 1 Jno. 4:9; Rom. 5:6-8.
- 2) Christ made love a distinguishing feature of His disciples- Jno. 13:34,35.
- 3) N. T. writers gave it great emphasis- 2Cor. 5:14; 1 Jno. 4:7-11, 19-21. Continue reading » Special Sermon Studies: Love – Its Involvements (Matthew 22:34-40)